Male or female blue throat trigger?

R4lph

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought this blue throat form a lfs about 6 months ago. They told me it was a male that wasn’t colored up yet. I bought him because I wanted a smaller fish so I could watch him grow. I’ve had males in the past and he just looks like a female to me. Even his top fin looks more like a female. What is throwing me off is it does have a slight blue on the throat. But zero yellow markings. He eats spectrum pellets, pe mysis, Lrs reef frenzy and chunky, blood worms, brine shrimp and krill. If it is a female they do have another smaller male I would like to grab. What do you guys think? Sorry the pictures are tough under the lighting with an iPhone. Thanks

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought this blue throat form a lfs about 6 months ago. They told me it was a male that wasn’t colored up yet. I bought him because I wanted a smaller fish so I could watch him grow. I’ve had males in the past and he just looks like a female to me. Even his top fin looks more like a female. What is throwing me off is it does have a slight blue on the throat. But zero yellow markings. He eats spectrum pellets, pe mysis, Lrs reef frenzy and chunky, blood worms, brine shrimp and krill. If it is a female they do have another smaller male I would like to grab. What do you guys think? Sorry the pictures are tough under the lighting with an iPhone. Thanks
Your pics didn't post.

OP
OP
R4lph

R4lph

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DFA95CEC-C4AC-46F8-BE43-AB365A9CB0A1.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back