My trigger very thin

maddox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there,

I have blue throat trigger about 2 months. In first day someone ate his fins, but he not hiding anymore eating normaly. Feeding two times a days mixing frozen mysis, krill artemia. Pellets. But everyday he is getting thinner how could I fatten ?

IMG_1193.jpeg IMG_1189.jpeg

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there,

I have blue throat trigger about 2 months. In first day someone ate his fins, but he not hiding anymore eating normaly. Feeding two times a days mixing frozen mysis, krill artemia. Pellets. But everyday he is getting thinner how could I fatten ?

when i had my trigger i fed him clam and stuff that was bigger for him

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there,

Is the fish's back equally sunken on both the left and right sides?

Fish show emaciation on the backs, but in this case, the fish's belly looks pretty full, so I can't account for why its so thin.

Are you feeding it until it is full?

Jay

OP
OP
M

maddox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes both sides equal sunken, no I just feed regulary same amount of food, not much gone in 20 seconds, just made picture straight after feeding, and I tried raw shrimp so he got a big piece of it. Eating and swiming normaly, Also going to try to soak food in metroplex kanaplex and focus. Maybe it have some disease?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes both sides equal sunken, no I just feed regulary same amount of food, not much gone in 20 seconds, just made picture straight after feeding, and I tried raw shrimp so he got a big piece of it. Eating and swiming normaly, Also going to try to soak food in metroplex kanaplex and focus. Maybe it have some disease?

Don't just soak food in those medications, that will not work unless you calculate the dose correctly for each of the medications. Also, if it is an internal parasite, it is most likely a worm infection. Praziquantel/Prazipro is reef safe and adding it to the water will clear tapeworms if that is the issue.

In the meantime, feed the fish more food, more often in order to try and overcome the calorie deficit.

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back