Male or female pintail wrasse?

Whysosalty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright everybody I’m wondering if today I picked up a male or female pintail wrasse at the local fish store!!
Image1518138307.570059.jpg

mrvn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking wrasse!! It looks like a male to me.

OP
OP
Whysosalty

Whysosalty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I was hoping it was a male. I thought these fish were pretty rare. I paid 80$ for it. Is that a normal price?

OP
OP
Whysosalty

Whysosalty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know much about it tho so if anyone knows a thing or two about this wrasse I’d appreciate any information

deedubz

nuttier than a squirrel turd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a crescent tail (very closely related) and she's great. She was timid in qt for maybe a day or two? Afterwards she was constantly greeting me and begging for food. The transition to the dt was pretty much the same. Timid around the other fish for a couple days but is just as excited to see me as anyone else. She's been in the dt for ~2 months. VERY passive. I'm assuming yours will have more or less the same temperament. I'd advise against any overly aggressive or boisterous fish as tank mates

deedubz

nuttier than a squirrel turd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you were considering adding more wrasses there's some GREAT write-ups and compatibility charts on here. There's a few members who really know their stuff. Evolved, eat breakfast, 4fordfamily(I think is the spelling), that I'm sure would be eager to answer any questions

OP
OP
Whysosalty

Whysosalty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you were considering adding more wrasses there's some GREAT write-ups and compatibility charts on here. There's a few members who really know their stuff. Evolved, eat breakfast, 4fordfamily(I think is the spelling), that I'm sure would be eager to answer any questions

Thank you so much!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 62 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back