Male or female pintail wrasse?

Discussion in 'Fish Discussion' started by Whysosalty, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Whysosalty

Whysosalty Active Member

Alright everybody I’m wondering if today I picked up a male or female pintail wrasse at the local fish store!! Image1518138307.570059.jpg

Tags:

2. mrvn

mrvn Active Member Build Thread Contributor

Nice looking wrasse!! It looks like a male to me.

3. Whysosalty

Whysosalty Active Member

Thanks! I was hoping it was a male. I thought these fish were pretty rare. I paid 80$ for it. Is that a normal price?

4. eatbreakfast

eatbreakfast Fish Nerd Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Expert Contributor Partner Member Partner Member 2018 Partner Member 2019

Terminal phase male. $80 is a good price for that nice of a male.

4FordFamily and TUSI like this.
  5. dwwataz

dwwataz nuttier than a squirrel turd R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

He's a stud.

6. Whysosalty

Whysosalty Active Member

Thank you! I just got him today and I had never seen one of these at the local fish store before, that’s why I got him over a possum wrasse

7. Whysosalty

Whysosalty Active Member

I don’t know much about it tho so if anyone knows a thing or two about this wrasse I’d appreciate any information

8. dwwataz

dwwataz nuttier than a squirrel turd R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

I have a crescent tail (very closely related) and she's great. She was timid in qt for maybe a day or two? Afterwards she was constantly greeting me and begging for food. The transition to the dt was pretty much the same. Timid around the other fish for a couple days but is just as excited to see me as anyone else. She's been in the dt for ~2 months. VERY passive. I'm assuming yours will have more or less the same temperament. I'd advise against any overly aggressive or boisterous fish as tank mates

eatbreakfast likes this.
  9. dwwataz

If you were considering adding more wrasses there's some GREAT write-ups and compatibility charts on here. There's a few members who really know their stuff. Evolved, eat breakfast, 4fordfamily(I think is the spelling), that I'm sure would be eager to answer any questions

eatbreakfast and 4FordFamily like this.
  10. Whysosalty

Whysosalty Active Member

Thank you so much!

11. 4FordFamily

4FordFamily Tang, Angel, & Wrasse Addict Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018 Partner Member 2019

Wow I agree! I want one!

Draft saved Draft deleted