maleficent foxface stressed dead in minutes.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tangdora
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tangdora

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2020
Messages
896
Reaction score
508
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if anyone has ever had a foxface stress its own self to death. Particularly before even leaving its bag lol. Literally just bought a maleficent foxface an hours ago 15 mins from the pet stores and a 20min bag soak (no water added) later it was dead. I Know this fish go into a dead like state when stressed but dang. Didn’t even get 5mins to enjoy. Should have just went to the Casino today if that was going to be the case lol.
 
Did you happen to watch the fish being netted and bagged? I've seen fish slam into the glass trying to escape as well as jumping out and bouncing off the concrete floor when being netted in the store if the staff isn't experienced and careful.
 
Did you happen to watch the fish being netted and bagged? I've seen fish slam into the glass trying to escape as well as jumping out and bouncing off the concrete floor when being netted in the store if the staff isn't experienced and careful.
Yes, He knew what he was doing. No net was used in catching. They use the small acclamation boxes that hang on the the side to scoop it out when catching at my LFS. Could have been the glass hitting though. Did go berserk at the site of the container when it got close.
 
Sorry for the loss. Once I had an anthia run into the glass and die almost instantly. It doesn't take much if they hit it head on. I can't think of much else that would cause death so quickly after purchasing.

EDIT: Probably not the case unless the fish was tiny but have had small fish get trapped in the corner of a bag and perish. I now request fish to be double bagged with the first bag upside down so there are no corners on the bottom.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new