Mama got a new toy!

Starkrost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This came in today’s mail. Thank goodness BRS is still shipping. Now I need to decide whether to use the faucet adapter or plumb it in (preferred). Also, gonna have to deal with the potential CO2 in my well water. Too bad hubby thinks I’m nuts.
A043CDD9-6EE0-4924-BB4F-5FA8A5C6B569.jpeg

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I see an RODI a must in the reefing hobby unless your 2 mins from your LFS. Gotta love having new gear as well. I say plumb it in if you can!!

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my BRS RODI unit! Just picked one up a month ago and it’s the best investment I’ve made for my tank. Having 0 TDS water available at any time is a life saver. When you first use it, it may take a LONG time to finally hit 0 TDS coming out. That’s normal and be patient. I think I went through 10-15 gallons before it hit 0. Now it pumps out perfect 0 TDS water every time I use it without a wait. Enjoy!!

OP
OP
Starkrost

Starkrost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I finally got this plumbed in without any leaks. What a fiasco! The shut off valve from the wall was corroded in the open position and the cheap white metal handle simply crushed to a jagged mess when I applied the pliers. Then, the threads of the chintzy plastic T stripped very quickly while trying to get it at the right (weird) angle between the valve and the hose to the sink. I tried some Flex Seal tape but that was a total fail. So, 2 soaking bath towels later, I got the hose back on what was left of the shut off and walked away. Of course with the quarantine, I couldn’t just run out for parts.

I bought/ordered a Shark Bite shut off valve and replaced that first. That worked great. Then I added a brass T and that fit too. Wonder of wonders! Finally, I added the reducer to go to the 1/4 inch plastic tubing to the RODI unit. Voila! Turned the water on and gave myself and the whole bathroom a good shower . I had forgotten the tiny, absolutely indispensable, hard plastic piece that keeps the plastic tubing from being crushed and leaking in the compression thingy.

Im so glad y’all are here. I just kept saying to myself, I’m gonna do this and I’m gonna post that it worked. And guess what! I finally made my first 2 gallons of RODI water! Thanks, all, for your support!!

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I finally got this plumbed in without any leaks. What a fiasco! The shut off valve from the wall was corroded in the open position and the cheap white metal handle simply crushed to a jagged mess when I applied the pliers. Then, the threads of the chintzy plastic T stripped very quickly while trying to get it at the right (weird) angle between the valve and the hose to the sink. I tried some Flex Seal tape but that was a total fail. So, 2 soaking bath towels later, I got the hose back on what was left of the shut off and walked away. Of course with the quarantine, I couldn’t just run out for parts.

I bought/ordered a Shark Bite shut off valve and replaced that first. That worked great. Then I added a brass T and that fit too. Wonder of wonders! Finally, I added the reducer to go to the 1/4 inch plastic tubing to the RODI unit. Voila! Turned the water on and gave myself and the whole bathroom a good shower . I had forgotten the tiny, absolutely indispensable, hard plastic piece that keeps the plastic tubing from being crushed and leaking in the compression thingy.

Im so glad y’all are here. I just kept saying to myself, I’m gonna do this and I’m gonna post that it worked. And guess what! I finally made my first 2 gallons of RODI water! Thanks, all, for your support!!
Congratulations on a job well done!

Back