Mammoth Nano SPS Reef

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screaming Suharsonhoi

Still has the random swirls of missing pigmentation, shown at the top left. This is one of the brightest corals on the tank. Also needs to be hacked down by half.

51907456667_380f441e70_k.jpg

Super nice! We had one like that locally called flashlight that just GLOWS. Was bummed to lose my colony of years to bottoming out phosphate when I tried Kalk.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super nice! We had one like that locally called flashlight that just GLOWS. Was bummed to lose my colony of years to bottoming out phosphate when I tried Kalk.
Was that the yellow one? I had it a LONG time ago and haven't seen it forever.

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did my best not to "like" every photo as I scrolled through you thread but apologies for blowing up your alerts :)

I run an old school powermodule but had to add the bars to get the led pop. These hybrid PM are so dang clean. That white housing really tied it in nicely.

Amazing work on this tank, beautiful!

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar but not exact. B+, P, B+, C, C, B+,P, B+. I’ve also backed the LEDs down a bit, I think I’m at 70% max for a few hours.
Can you please upload screen shot of your entire schedule, and screen shot of the LED specific precentege ?
Also , how high did you hang your fixture above the water surface ?

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please upload screen shot of your entire schedule, and screen shot of the LED specific precentege ?
Also , how high did you hang your fixture above the water surface ?

This is my LED formula during the daylight hours when the T5s are on. This ramps from 50% to 70% and peaks at 70% for 30 mins. This can all vary depending on your tank depth and size. I slowly bumped it up over weeks initially. The whites are the most potent IME and you should be careful adjusting those. My water is only 18” deep and I hang the light 9” from the surface.

Blue 255
Royal 255
Violet 150

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my LED formula during the daylight hours when the T5s are on. This ramps from 50% to 70% and peaks at 70% for 30 mins. This can all vary depending on your tank depth and size. I slowly bumped it up over weeks initially. The whites are the most potent IME and you should be careful adjusting those. My water is only 18” deep and I hang the light 9” from the surface.

Blue 255
Royal 255
Violet 150
What about your T5 bulbs combination?

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about your T5 bulbs combination?
I really think that is personal preference to get the visual look you prefer. I've done different combos in the last few years. Currently I have B+, C+, B+, P+, P+, B+, C+, B+. In my next switch I'm going to bring actinic bulbs back into the mix. I'm waiting on a new ATI hybrid as one T5 bank stopped working about 18mo ago.

Also forgot to include the white LED channel in my previous post.
Blue 255
Royal 255
Violet 150
White 60

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the most stunning SPS tanks I've ever seen! Great job! Especially love the bright green tabling smooth skin you've got. What is it?
Not entirely sure, it was a substitute no name frag from Battlecorals in my original order. It has done well in the tank and is really one of the bright ones. It does have a unique striation throughout some of the branches that is kind of fun and has a nice form that makes it stand out.

It is kind of funny that the colonies most people are impressed by wouldn't get a second glance from most people when they are the size of frags. This is what it originally looked like for me.

47159306761_93331570f5_k.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back