Man I am sad.

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone told me that if you ask them, finiship can spin you a UPS label but I haven't tried.

I might on my next box though since my last box I sent was in state, truck only and within 300mi and still ended up delayed until 4pm...

Letmeusemyemail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had to vent to y'all.

I sell a good amount of SPS (acropora) here on the thread as a hobbyist and try to do the best for everyone here and do good prices. I dropped 8 packages off last night 9/29, they did not move anywhere till noon today (9/30) for no good reason. I called Fedex probably 30 times and I got the same response "We promise the packages will be delivered today" when I knew dang well that was impossible as the packages were pretty much all going to the west coast and I am in PA.

They finally transferred me to someone higher up who got me in contact with someone at the local hub close to me about getting the corals brought back today, THE DAY AFTER I shipped to hopefully save some of the corals. They did not bring the corals back till 7pm for me to pickup (again the day after I dropped them off) and a good amount of the SPS are not looking good and multiple dead. These were supposed to be delivered to the other hobbyist by noon today. This was over $3,000 worth of corals, just really upset as obviously there is nothing I could have done and I worked extra hard to get the packages back to hopefully save some of the corals. Sorry not looking for anything, but just had to vent.

Shipping REALLY REALLY sucks sometimes, especially when it is for no reason. No storms, no nothing.
I saw that you are in Allentown? I am up the road in stroudsburg. I’d like to support your corals and can even do pickup so you don’t have to ship.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work for a freight company, not FedEx, and yes good workers that care are hard to find.
That said, I bought my first online coral from battle corals for a contest.
It showed up a day late, the box was smashed and wet. The coral was dead.
Adam refunded me right away but I really wanted to be in the growout contest.
I want to buy more because I cant get whats out their locally.
I would spend $500-$1000 on corals today but will probably just wait for a show thats 3hrs away and end up paying way more for less.
Next show is not unftil January.
I'll be coming your way on January 22nd. You can check out my site at www.epicaquaculture.com to see some of what I have, and if you'd like I can send you a list of what I'm bring about a week before that show. Just PM me.

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I saw that you are in Allentown? I am up the road in stroudsburg. I’d like to support your corals and can even do pickup so you don’t have to ship.

I appreciate it, message me anytime and we can put something together! Wish more reefers were around us.

Back