Mandarin Dragonet thin or alright?

Bfishing

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2026
Messages
56
Reaction score
39
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I’ve had this girl for 2 months now. To my understanding she is wild caught, but she will eat almost anything I give her (mysis, enriched brine, pellets, frozen pods) I try to feed her twice a day at least, and she will typically eat around 10 mysis or frozen brine in one sitting. She eats straight from the pipette haha. I do keep lots of macroalgae for pods as well. Does she look like she’s keeping weight on? Would she have lost weight by now if I wasn’t keeping up? I have a hard time being able to tell through her patterns and coloring.







Sorry if the pics aren’t the best quality, she won’t sit still 🙂‍↕️
 
20260924_195632_16B5B8AC-BCB3-4EF4-9295-9F575043657F.png
 
Looking good and sustainable. Not skinny like we sometimes see going into these threads. I personally would prefer to see a little thicker around the mid section. I’m thinking of mine for comparison but maybe mines just fat. I get paranoid with these little critters not getting enough so I’m always ordering more pods to supplement the pop. Actually just got done placing another order 5 min ago.
 
Looking good and sustainable. Not skinny like we sometimes see going into these threads. I personally would prefer to see a little thicker around the mid section. I’m thinking of mine for comparison but maybe mines just fat. I get paranoid with these little critters not getting enough so I’m always ordering more pods to supplement the pop. Actually just got done placing another order 5 min ago.
Haha got a picture? Would love some reference for peak mandarin dragonet physique goals.
 
Haha got a picture? Would love some reference for peak mandarin dragonet physique goals.
Sorry it took a minute to get back to you. It’s super rare for me to get photos or videos of my mandarin. I swear as soon as I pull out my phone it’s gone every time. Tonight I was able to get a short video shot kinda far from the tank as the lights were going down. Sorry it’s blue and maybe not the best video, however you can tell the full/roundness of my mandarin.

I hope this helps, if I can get better photos/videos under good light I absolutely will!

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new