Mandarin Goby & Chaeto Question

42Freeman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have chaeto ordered and on the way to me, I was doing this because here soon I want to get a Mandarin.
My question that I cant seem to find the answer to anywhere is how would I feed the Mandarin the copepods that will be living in my chaeto? Is there a specific way to get the pods from the fuge to the DT or do they just naturally flow into the tank by means like return pump? Would not want my little guy to go hungry! Any help is appreciated!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They generally flow through the return pump. You should plan for an initial bottle of pods to "seed" the tank prior. The more rock you have in your tank - the better your pod population will be.

OP
OP
42Freeman

42Freeman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They generally flow through the return pump. You should plan for an initial bottle of pods to "seed" the tank prior. The more rock you have in your tank - the better your pod population will be.
I have had a small population of pods that actually came naturally from a form of live rock I think, but I have since added more pods to boost population a tad but will plan on adding a fresh batch of them when my chaeto arrives. Should I have some rubble under the chaeto or one of the pod hotel things to have extra surface area for pods to live on so I can add them to DT when I want to rather than depend on them flowing through return? If so which option would be best for more controlled feeding on top of them flowing through return pump?

bradreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pod hotels are made to transport pods from the fuge to the display.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are little hunters, they will find every single pod in your tank, wait till you see, its fun to watch

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back