Mandarin Goby & Leopard Wrasse in 60 Gal Cube

Longhorns6

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
5
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

You can see in my previous thread where I posted a stock list (https://www.reef2reef.com/posts/14412883/) . I have shift gears a bit and I dosed my tank with copepods last week. I was going to give them a couple weeks to get settled and most likely dose more. I did copepods cause I really love the mandarin Goby and Leopard wrasse. Anyone have success of having enough copepods to feed these two in a 60Gal cube?
 
Are you adding phyto to the tank? Adding more and more pods doesn't mean there will necessarily be more pods, the population will balance out with the food available in the tank. Dosing phyto is more beneficial to keep the pod population up and reproducing over adding more and more.
 
Are you adding phyto to the tank? Adding more and more pods doesn't mean there will necessarily be more pods, the population will balance out with the food available in the tank. Dosing phyto is more beneficial to keep the pod population up and reproducing over adding more and more.
Yes! I got phytoplankton as well and I am dosing per Dinkins recommendations. I started off with a half gallon of pods and have half gal of phyto to dose for now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new