Mandarin goby problem

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Video not loading. How old is the tank? Manderins are notoriously tough to keep unless the tank is larger and well established. They almost exclusively eat pods and can decimate a pod population in a smaller tank quickly

avgreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like the flow is too high in the tank. Mandarins like to sit in-between rocks in tanks and avoid high flow and it looks like he's just stuck in the flow.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Turn the flow off for a bit and see if he settles.

The tank looks new and small....have you added pods to the tank since getting the manderin?

What size is the tank?
How old is the tank?
What flow do you use?
What are your parameters?

NJDragonet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He looks very healthy I have had over 20 lol. The water flow is too strong I suggest you turn it down. I got all mine to eat brine since he is used to swimming up high now I say you try to feed him pellets or shrimp.

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He looks very healthy I have had over 20 lol. The water flow is too strong I suggest you turn it down. I got all mine to eat brine since he is used to swimming up high now I say you try to feed him pellets or shrimp.
All I got is a hob filter and an air pump. On the tank.

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn off the filter for a good 20 minutes when you feed. They hover as they stalk prey. They aren't built to hold steady in what appears to be a rotational flow. The lack of rock and sand in QT doesn't give it much to anchor down and rest. If you can dial that filter flow down to a trickle.

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn off the filter for a good 20 minutes when you feed. They hover as they stalk prey. They aren't built to hold steady in what appears to be a rotational flow. The lack of rock and sand in QT doesn't give it much to anchor down and rest. If you can dial that filter flow down to a trickle.
I turned off the filter to see what happens.

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turned the hob filter off. And added some pods to the qt. Just making sure it will it.and healthy.

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it did stop spinning. sitting under a pvc pipe.

Thumbs up.jpeg

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very sorry. If not already known, make sure you witness it eating food at the lfs before purchasing. I've had mine in a 29 gal for several years (before the comments pop up, I have two sumps, one solely for pod production) and eating brine, chopped up mysis and Reef Nutrition R.O.E makes its care a whole lot easier.

Can you pick up pods for the quarantine? Mist good LFS will carry Reef Nutrition Tigger pods and Algae barn sells them online

good luck

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back