Mandarins courting and/or fighting

Nalini Akolekar

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2018
Messages
271
Reaction score
107
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Mandarins who mostly just ignore each other, but occasionally fight. The male seems to be bullying the female. This morning it looked like they were courting, but then a while later the male got aggressive again. Is this part of the courtship or do they just not like eachother? Oh, and both the courting and fighting stated just after I added a ton of pods. They are in a 100.5 Waterbox with a few other fish and lots of coral.
 
You might find this interesting. Wife bought me 2 for V Day this past week, and I have been researching vids like this one.


Thanks! This was helpful, but I’m pretty certain I have a male and female, but that video shows they are definitely fighting.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new