Mangrove in Refugium

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kunala6
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kunala6

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2019
Messages
46
Reaction score
10
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I decided to try something in my refugium, instead of macro algae, I placed a mangrove. I really never had the best luck with macro algae. I believe it is doing well it has been there for a couple months now. This refugium is in my Lagoon 150, originally I had the light literally right on top of the mangrove, so the leaf browned a bit, today I decide to cut some egg crate and move the light up a bit. I have two in there, one was kind of already about to die when I placed it in there. Honestly I do not chase numbers so I couldn't really tell you what my nutrients are. I tend to closely watch everything and if I see something I will do a test. I just wanted to post here to see if anyone else has mangroves in their refugium and if you have any tips on getting them to grow. I do spray it with fresh RODI water once or twice a week and the grow light runs opposite of my tank. I am not looking for it to grow incredibly fast or anything like that since I really don't have much space down there. At the moment it does seem to be doing well and have sprouted a new leaf.

Thank you



20260818_142955.jpg

20260818_142905.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new