Mangrove tank

James Hammett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2404.JPG

My wife ordered some
mangroves from Amazon I think. And asked me to use an old 10 gal tank to make a mangrove tank for her.... not sure what’s best but this tank was cycled with no sand I removed the rock added dry sand and stuck mangroves in the sand.... is it this easy? I know it’s ugly old tank but they needed to be set thy were dying I think

OP
OP
James Hammett

James Hammett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2404.JPG

My wife ordered some
mangroves from Amazon I think. And asked me to use an old 10 gal tank to make a mangrove tank for her.... not sure what’s best but this tank was cycled with no sand I removed the rock added dry sand and stuck mangroves in the sand.... is it this easy? I know it’s ugly old tank but they needed to be set thy were dying I think

IMG_2400.JPG

Top view

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supposedly, it can be that easy. I've had pretty poor luck getting mangroves to grow consistently. I think one of the key items is to spray them with freshwater as often as possible.

chris85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much.... Just make sure there is some kind of nutrients for the mangroves to feed on. And maybe get them out the water a few inches. The will grow prop roots and make its way to the substrate over time. Keep us updated.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 32.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back