Mangroves

rr07

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2024
Messages
31
Reaction score
5
Location
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently bought a Red Mangrove and one of the branches fell off during shipping (the first photo where i left the branch in the pot). Does anyone have tips on getting the mangrove to branch again without needing to cut the top off? There are some spiky buds growing off the side of nodes and I’m wondering if I could make a slight cut on top of the node to try get the buds to grow into branches. Thanks.

IMG_2025.jpeg
IMG_2026.jpeg
 
What fell of seems like a leaf, I’d leave it alone and let it recover before start stressing it further.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new