Manifold for an AIO?

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone considered making a manifold for an AIO?

I was thinking having a hose in the "return pump chamber" that would suck "cleaned" water out but feed it below in the stand. There you could have a manifold that feeds an algae reactor, UV sterilizer, media reactors, etc. Then feeds this "processed" water up to the "return" nozzle.

I think aquarium makers could easily drill a hole in the most "back wall of the chamber" and have either a bulkhead option or a plug. With the plug the tank works as a normal AIO, with the bulkhead you can use a below the stand pump. I'm sure people will say well why don't you just get a sump? Perhaps, but there are a ton of "HOB" products so clearly there must be a market.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there is a manufacturer that has a "sump" conversion connections...Red Sea? Let me check a bit...but yeah, think it's a great idea and considered it.

Yup the E-Series - patent pending - sorry. :)

You're talking more closed loop filter add-ons which would work there too. I'm thinking of a closed loop just for UV on next tank - in addition to sump as the flow rates are wildly different.

OP
OP
Gaspipe

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there is a manufacturer that has a "sump" conversion connections...Red Sea? Let me check a bit...but yeah, think it's a great idea and considered it.

Yup the E-Series - patent pending - sorry. :)

You're talking more closed loop filter add-ons which would work there too. I'm thinking of a closed loop just for UV on next tank - in addition to sump as the flow rates are wildly different.
I was considering an E-Series. Do like the option to upgrade later on.

Yes! he loop, that's what I like. And at that point you can add more equipment to the UV.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back