Manifold Pictures

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they are pretty straight forward but I would love to see some pictures of peoples manifolds. Like to see what different ideas people are doing and using. I was at a friends house last night and saw a unique valve that would be handy in a Manifold application I think.

What equipment do you run off of your manifold? Calcium Reactors, Media Reactors, Sulfur Denitrators, etc etc etc.... I have my pump throttled back quite a bit right now and thought why not get rid of some of the excess pumps I have and run a Manifold as well.

Where do you prefer to tie the Manifold in? Right after the pump? Down the line some? Close as possible to the equipment your going to be running?

I see so many people ask about manifolds and so forth so I thought it would be neat to get a thread going on it and let me as well as others see what people are using.

Eric

sps4mytank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eric,

I currently run a manifold off of my atb flowstar 1500. Its pretty straight forward.

I currently have 5 outlets to various parts of my system

Outlet 1: Water Change Valve - makes for drain of system water easy garden hose to toilet

Outlet 2: Feed to the Calcium reactor

Outlet 3: Chiller (currently removed due to weather - typically just summers)

Outlet 4: Return to tank (teed and split between left and right sides of tank.

Outlet 5: Free (future plan is a frag tank or UV Sterlizer)

Ill take pictures in the morning so you can see but mine is fairly simple and straight forward. Good use of valves I think

Jay

OP
OP
F

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand the straight forwardness of them Jay. I just like seeing what people tend to use and how they do the reducing down to size of piping or tubing they use and also the valves people use. I am thinking of using Waste Valves for this setup.

Eric

Aloha Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mani.jpg

Doahh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't post images from my iPod but if you go to m build thread in the members tanks area on the first page you can see it on the right side of my stand.

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built this with common pipe fittings from Lowe's. It divides the output of a Sequence pump to three tanks. They drain to a common sump.

new_tanks_20.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back