Manifold Suggestions

  • Thread starter Thread starter goody
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

goody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
194
Location
Carlsbad, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to run a manifold on my "newer" nearly 1 year old tank build. It is an 80g with a 60g sump. My return pump is a Varios 4 which I think is too undersized to serve as both a return and manifold pump. I have a separate pump I was planning on using for the manifold that will run my chiller and a reactor or 2. Any problems with placing the manifold pump in my drain/skimmer section of my sump? I would then have chiller and reactors return water to my refugium (middle chamber) before flowing into return section.
 
Shouldn't be a problem as long as theres room for the 2nd pump.

Even if your water is "recycled" through the same pump again, the loss of efficiency is negligible as far as cooling/water passing through your reactors multiple times.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new