Manifold

kateater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the one I built using 3/4" to 1/2" reducing Ts and 1/2" ball valves. Works like a champ!
image.jpeg

Beginner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's one of those things you have to see and measure in person to truly get the end result that you need and want

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the manifold I setup for my tank. Really helps cutting down pumps for reactors. Using a DC3000 to run through 1/2".

70G Sump.jpg

OP
OP
scottbapilot

scottbapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the manifold I setup for my tank. Really helps cutting down pumps for reactors. Using a DC3000 to run through 1/2".

70G Sump.jpg
That is a really clean setup, Thank you for sharing you pics. That helps a lot with my Idea. I want to get rid off 3 pumps running. They cost a lot and I have to clean and replace the all the time. Do you run the manifold on the pressure side or the return side?

ReeferBob

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a really clean setup, Thank you for sharing you pics. That helps a lot with my Idea. I want to get rid off 3 pumps running. They cost a lot and I have to clean and replace the all the time. Do you run the manifold on the pressure side or the return side?

They typically run on the pressure side. Easy to build just get 3x the parts you think you will need and return what you don't use. ;)

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is on a pressured side. I have the DC3000 dedicated to the manifold. I have a DCT4000 for my return system.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have already built your manifold, but one thing I like to suggest is installing a true-union ball valve (or union and ball valve) at the beginning of the manifold. It allows you shut the manifold down to remove it if needed for alterations or maintenance. I circled the one on my manifold in the picture below. Absolutely not necessary but convenient.

I also prefer gate valves for manifold outlets for better fine tuning. Again, just a personal preference.

Good luck with your project.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice job!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 162 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back