Manny's Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL

ID-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Manny - first great build! Im sorry Ive missed it till now. I thought I hit the "watch" button but must not have... So catching up...

I bought my tank through the same place you did. Fortunately didn't have all the issues but then I had mine delivered to my house and I put the stand together myself and hired my own "crew" (my son and his friends) to help move the tank. Anyway glad you are finally up and running after a hellish start. Ill be following for real this time. Im sure you could have really used some of my expertise during your trials getting the tank going. ;). I know you have followed my build where Ive shared some of my own. Looking forward to seeing things progress and seeing in person as well.

Ive been looking for a Fowleri tang which has been impossible for me to find and have considered Dr. Reefs.. so nice to hear you have been happy with him. I don't run a QT or buy fish that have been through strict QT per se (I have my own methods of which is a mix of Paul B + voodoo) but according to Dr. Reef he can get a Fowleri and knowing it will at least be "clean & healthy" is a bonus with an expensive fish.

Anyway, glad to finally be on board with your build. Lets get together sometime.. swap war stories or at least have a beer and look at fish.

Congrats on the youngin and thanks for your service.

OP
OP
Manny’s Reef

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Manny - first great build! Im sorry Ive missed it till now. I thought I hit the "watch" button but must not have... So catching up...

I bought my tank through the same place you did. Fortunately didn't have all the issues but then I had mine delivered to my house and I put the stand together myself and hired my own "crew" (my son and his friends) to help move the tank. Anyway glad you are finally up and running after a hellish start. Ill be following for real this time. Im sure you could have really used some of my expertise during your trials getting the tank going. ;). I know you have followed my build where Ive shared some of my own. Looking forward to seeing things progress and seeing in person as well.

Ive been looking for a Fowleri tang which has been impossible for me to find and have considered Dr. Reefs.. so nice to hear you have been happy with him. I don't run a QT or buy fish that have been through strict QT per se (I have my own methods of which is a mix of Paul B + voodoo) but according to Dr. Reef he can get a Fowleri and knowing it will at least be "clean & healthy" is a bonus with an expensive fish.

Anyway, glad to finally be on board with your build. Lets get together sometime.. swap war stories or at least have a beer and look at fish.

Congrats on the youngin and thanks for your service.
Hey if you’re interested, we can always submit an order together with Dr Reef. There is another reefer in Meridian that is looking to add a CBB to an order. We will place an order together probably next month and avoid paying shipping. Let me know.

OP
OP
Manny’s Reef

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just allowing things to stabilize and mature. Haven’t added any fish for a while. No coral losses. Just a few photos to post is all.

2736BF00-922D-429A-AF9E-E59D8A413451.jpeg
8854056C-55A3-4388-B0C2-E8563097D693.jpeg
875E169B-9D0F-46F3-8817-C090A67D526F.jpeg
F6555AA1-5E20-4137-8965-F6A53C90080F.jpeg
9E67E439-5588-46D6-9365-7BAD74EC0A43.jpeg
3F8F6F73-4A49-47AE-A629-F9EE6A97B134.jpeg

ID-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey if you’re interested, we can always submit an order together with Dr Reef. There is another reefer in Meridian that is looking to add a CBB to an order. We will place an order together probably next month and avoid paying shipping. Let me know.
I actually placed an order two weeks ago - Im out of the country for a couple weeks so I asked for the delivery to happen after April 15th. I believe he already has my fish and they are in QT. Id be happy to add more fish with my order if he allows that? Does he have free shipping at a certain price point? My total is $415 plus $50 shipping.

OP
OP
Manny’s Reef

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I actually placed an order two weeks ago - Im out of the country for a couple weeks so I asked for the delivery to happen after April 15th. I believe he already has my fish and they are in QT. Id be happy to add more fish with my order if he allows that? Does he have free shipping at a certain price point? My total is $415 plus $50 shipping.
I’ve got a pending order as well. Ya he does free shipping above $500. All good though. His prices are very reasonable.

OP
OP
Manny’s Reef

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As I ride 45 minutes to visit my grandpa, I need a distraction. It appears I’m heading over to say goodbye. He’s lived an amazing 96 years. He was my encouragement to always push forward in life. As a law student, he was my very first immigration client. At 92 years old, I assisted him in his naturalization process and watched as he became a U.S. Citizen. When I asked if he’d allow me to file for his citizenship, his response was, “if you say so and only if you can be my attorney.” After his ceremony he said to me, “son, I have only one more wish in this life. I wish to see your name printed on a building.” Well, I got my name on the building a few months ago. Sadly, it was at a point that he no longer left his home. He did not get to witness my name on the wall. Something better happened though. As you can see in my above post, he got to meet my daughter who is his great granddaughter. The two just absolutely loved each other . Born 1926 and 2022. Almost a decade between the two.

Anyhow, I come to R2R because reefing is my escape. Reading all the silliness, seriousness, and sometimes straight up nonsense, always makes my day. I came to reefing because after my 6 years in the Navy, I was never the same. Something was missing. Reefing filled that void. As I expect another void to arise, I will fill it with reefing as well.

On a different note, parameters are super stable. I purchased 15 coral from TSA. They arrived March 5th. All are still alive and extending their polyps. Half browned out with the light change but just earlier today I was pointing out to my wife how they’re getting their color back. I ordered another a360x since I’m acquiring more SPS. Alk consumption rose from 45 ml to 85 ml over the period of a month. Thanks to the trident, adjusting to maintain a 9.1 dkh has been super easy.

I did have a casualty. My beautiful hammer’s polyps bailed out. I have this stupid hermit crab who is massive. He kept knocking over my hammer and burying it in the sand. Everyday I had to save it. I went to WA for the weekend and had a friend feed they fish. I didn’t tell him to fix the hammer. So when I finally did, I couldn’t get all the sand out of the mouth. Slowly it receded until completely allowing its polyps to bailout. Stupid crab.

Anyhow, I’m around the six month mark if not mistaken. I think I should really start seeing some maturity in the next six months. Hopefully these acros start taking off. When they grow big enough to frag, I vow to never sell my frags to local reefers. I still believe in giving and taking from other hobbyists.

And the final note . . . The wife is getting a water box peninsula to setup as a predator tank. . .

pardon any typos. This was typed on my phone.

MW319

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I ride 45 minutes to visit my grandpa, I need a distraction. It appears I’m heading over to say goodbye. He’s lived an amazing 96 years. He was my encouragement to always push forward in life. As a law student, he was my very first immigration client. At 92 years old, I assisted him in his naturalization process and watched as he became a U.S. Citizen. When I asked if he’d allow me to file for his citizenship, his response was, “if you say so and only if you can be my attorney.” After his ceremony he said to me, “son, I have only one more wish in this life. I wish to see your name printed on a building.” Well, I got my name on the building a few months ago. Sadly, it was at a point that he no longer left his home. He did not get to witness my name on the wall. Something better happened though. As you can see in my above post, he got to meet my daughter who is his great granddaughter. The two just absolutely loved each other . Born 1926 and 2022. Almost a decade between the two.

Anyhow, I come to R2R because reefing is my escape. Reading all the silliness, seriousness, and sometimes straight up nonsense, always makes my day. I came to reefing because after my 6 years in the Navy, I was never the same. Something was missing. Reefing filled that void. As I expect another void to arise, I will fill it with reefing as well.

On a different note, parameters are super stable. I purchased 15 coral from TSA. They arrived March 5th. All are still alive and extending their polyps. Half browned out with the light change but just earlier today I was pointing out to my wife how they’re getting their color back. I ordered another a360x since I’m acquiring more SPS. Alk consumption rose from 45 ml to 85 ml over the period of a month. Thanks to the trident, adjusting to maintain a 9.1 dkh has been super easy.

I did have a casualty. My beautiful hammer’s polyps bailed out. I have this stupid hermit crab who is massive. He kept knocking over my hammer and burying it in the sand. Everyday I had to save it. I went to WA for the weekend and had a friend feed they fish. I didn’t tell him to fix the hammer. So when I finally did, I couldn’t get all the sand out of the mouth. Slowly it receded until completely allowing its polyps to bailout. Stupid crab.

Anyhow, I’m around the six month mark if not mistaken. I think I should really start seeing some maturity in the next six months. Hopefully these acros start taking off. When they grow big enough to frag, I vow to never sell my frags to local reefers. I still believe in giving and taking from other hobbyists.

And the final note . . . The wife is getting a water box peninsula to setup as a predator tank. . .

pardon any typos. This was typed on my phone.
Manny
Thanks for sharing. My condolences to you and your family.

OP
OP
Manny’s Reef

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For the record, I met @Bpb back in 2013 during my undergraduate years. I had just started out with a 29 gallon. I went on craigslist and found he was selling some frags. He hooked me up with a few freebie frags and unofficially became my mentor. My wife thought it was funny that the one person I texted the most was a reefing friend with whom I discussed fish and coral. He led me to the forum Austin Reef Club, where I met @FarmerTy online at first, then in person at a frag swap.

I moved away in 2015 but always knew that I would get back up and running once my housing/school situation was stable. So for nearly a decade new, with over a thousand miles distance, we have stayed in touch and continued talking reef aquariums. I still shoot him constant messages talking everything reef. In fact, I share far more with him than I do here on my own build thread.

Crazy how strong some of the reefing friendships become right?

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the record, I met @Bpb back in 2013 during my undergraduate years. I had just started out with a 29 gallon. I went on craigslist and found he was selling some frags. He hooked me up with a few freebie frags and unofficially became my mentor. My wife thought it was funny that the one person I texted the most was a reefing friend with whom I discussed fish and coral. He led me to the forum Austin Reef Club, where I met @FarmerTy online at first, then in person at a frag swap.

I moved away in 2015 but always knew that I would get back up and running once my housing/school situation was stable. So for nearly a decade new, with over a thousand miles distance, we have stayed in touch and continued talking reef aquariums. I still shoot him constant messages talking everything reef. In fact, I share far more with him than I do here on my own build thread.

Good stuff man! Manny was one of the last people I actually let inside to trade frags and talk shop. He was a huge help in breaking down and setting up my first/second tank.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Man, we can’t get rid of you Manny!
Disney Persevere GIF by Mickey Mouse

Kidding man. Glad you’re still at it! I think I talk to my reef friends more than my non-reef friends any day.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 153 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.3%
Back