Mantis Shrimp ID

jackcephas

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new mantis shrimp from a shop in Florida, it has mainly black and dark blue covering, blue legs, dark eyes, white tips on the raptorial appendages, and blue/green tail end with light pink little arms(setae) on the end. It’s about 2 inches in length and has blue walking legs. I’m not sure how to add pictures.
 
Here are the best pictures I have as of right now, no he’s not dead in that one picture but I’m pretty sure he’s in shock, any tips with that would be helpful, other than giving him time.
 

Attachments

  • 3330C05D-8BAC-4201-B233-C0CC5CAB61C3.jpeg
    3330C05D-8BAC-4201-B233-C0CC5CAB61C3.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 1281285E-6E1A-4D71-920B-D323BF80D7C2.png
    1281285E-6E1A-4D71-920B-D323BF80D7C2.png
    673.4 KB · Views: 110

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new