Mantle Bleaching

Poriferabob

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2016
Messages
160
Reaction score
44
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! So this blue Squamie is about 5-6 inches, and close to a year in my system. Recently started showing loss of color randomly across the mantle. The only change I had made was the dosing of seachems coral colors. Of course, I immediately stopped the program but the color has not returned. In James Fatheree's new edition of his book, he mentions possible Iodine overdose as a cause of bleaching. Does this look like that to you? Will the color return?

0-1.jpg 0.jpg
 
Not super recently. However, during roughly the first 8 months that I had the clam, it was in my seahorse system that runs around 72-73. Moved it to my mixed reef about 3 months ago, which is more around 78. Possible that I’m seeing a reaction so many weeks later?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new