Manuals on equipment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Are manuals to the product page useful feature?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's an idea from another site I really like, how about hosting the manuals on the equipment page? Manuals are actually my favorite item, I go to supplyhouse.com just to look at their manuals for equipment, makes it my first stop for questions.

Example:

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Panason...e-100-Energy-Recovery-Ventilator-Cold-Climate

Screenshot_20180616-085316.jpg

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most Aquarium manufacturers have their own manuals that they keep up to date on their websites.
By hosting on a companies own website if they decide to up date the manual with new information for the user it is easy to do.
Retail companies might host a manual that may be out dated and they would have to keep them up to date. Not an easy task to do.
I use equipment manuals in my line of work every day. An I trust the ones from the manufacturer site now a sellers site.:)

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most Aquarium manufacturers have their own manuals that they keep up to date on their websites.
By hosting on a companies own website if they decide to up date the manual with new information for the user it is easy to do.
Retail companies might host a manual that may be out dated and they would have to keep them up to date. Not an easy task to do.
I use equipment manuals in my line of work every day. An I trust the ones from the manufacturer site now a sellers site.:)
The problem with that is many manufacturers do not keep manuals for older and or discontinued products. I can think of several examples right off hand. The fact the manufacturers update the manuals on there site is great. However it means the manual may not be 100% correct if you have an older model.
I for one think in is a very good idea.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with that is many manufacturers do not keep manuals for older and or discontinued products. I can think of several examples right off hand. The fact the manufacturers update the manuals on there site is great. However it means the manual may not be 100% correct if you have an older model.
I for one think in is a very good idea.

OP
OP
Ocelaris

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more determined users can always go to the manufacturer's site, but for most people who just need specs or that small detail in setting it up having a central location for them can really drive users to the site. I added a poll for fun.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back