Marbled/Saron shrimp not reef safe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScottR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2019
Messages
8,365
Reaction score
25,182
Location
Hong Kong
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve kept a few marbled shrimp for a year or so now. They’ve always been model citizens. But I noticed today one was picking at a monti and another at a pocillopora. The monti is cool with me. Even the pocillopora. But I did see holes where the polyps should be in the pocillopora which worries me that they’ll move on to acros and milles. Does anyone have any info? The internet is dry with info. All I know is that they’re the cleaner type that eats parasites. I can only imagine that between them and other shrimps, they are themselves void of food and are turning to other fare.
 
When in doubt, stomp it out.

Doing a quick search, I find not all are reef compatible, and even "reef safe" animals can go rogue, like one of my coral eating hermits.

Wouldn't risk it IMHO.
 
I’ve kept a few marbled shrimp for a year or so now. They’ve always been model citizens. But I noticed today one was picking at a monti and another at a pocillopora. The monti is cool with me. Even the pocillopora. But I did see holes where the polyps should be in the pocillopora which worries me that they’ll move on to acros and milles. Does anyone have any info? The internet is dry with info. All I know is that they’re the cleaner type that eats parasites. I can only imagine that between them and other shrimps, they are themselves void of food and are turning to other fare.
did you end up removing it? if so how?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new