Marco 400 mortar and PVC

BackToTheReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2020
Messages
1,228
Reaction score
5,979
Location
Wausau, WI
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if the Marco mortar will adhere to PVC? I want to jazz up/hide my PVC eel tubes in my aquascape and create some texture on the inside of the 45s I use as outlets for hermits and such to use to climb out. Figured I could use the Marco mortar and sand to help it blend in.

Anyone ever tried?

Thanks.
 
Used some yesterday to make a base for frags, so far it seem to hold fine.
for bigger structure i think it will require a few work schedule.
FB7A77C2-6F4B-48FB-8D2A-559EC5890AFE.jpeg

22D13713-1A1F-480D-AC03-331B52CD5F34.jpeg
 
Thanks for the feedback. That's a great idea btw!
 
Not sure if this would help it stick or not, I would sand the PVC pipe with a heavy grit sandpaper to make it rough. The mortar may stick better.
Not sure if you have seen this material called Habitat Black
https://www.reynoldsam.com/product/free-form-habitat/
 
Not sure if this would help it stick or not, I would sand the PVC pipe with a heavy grit sandpaper to make it rough. The mortar may stick better.
Not sure if you have seen this material called Habitat Black
https://www.reynoldsam.com/product/free-form-habitat/

I was thinking about taking the "sheen" off with some scotchbrite or smoother sandpaper but roughing it up with large grit would work!

I haven't seen that, I'll check it out. Thanks! :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new