Marine betta eye injury?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bjsreefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bjsreefer

Equal parts fish and child wrangler
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2025
Messages
789
Reaction score
581
Location
Florida, USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! Just looking for confirmation that my relatively new to the tank marine betta isn’t having some terrible illness that I need to address. I noticed that it’s left eye was cloudy a couple days ago and looked SLIGHTLY inflamed. It’s stayed pretty consistently shaped and today looking at it directly it’s only affecting the front 1/3 of the one eye. I’m wondering if she just bumped against a rock and scratched her eye or if there’s a chance that it’s something more serious? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!











 
Something is weird about the app and it doesn’t show posted or it double posts… and no images are posting either. Trying from the website…
IMG_6484.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6481.jpeg
    IMG_6481.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6478.jpeg
    IMG_6478.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6474.jpeg
    IMG_6474.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6480.jpeg
    IMG_6480.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 25
Something is weird about the app and it doesn’t show posted or it double posts… and no images are posting either. Trying from the website…
IMG_6484.jpeg
May be retina issue. Other thread has been answered. Please avoid cross posting which creates confusion and other thread pics were rqeated which you provided here
 
Yep the app double posted when it never confirmed and also didn’t save the photos. I was updating with photos in this one as you were answering the other one. I also edited that other post to disregard since the photos are here. So you suggest Quarantine and treat with antibiotics? Or just keep an eye on it and do that if it gets worse?
 
Yep the app double posted when it never confirmed and also didn’t save the photos. I was updating with photos in this one as you were answering the other one. I also edited that other post to disregard since the photos are here. So you suggest Quarantine and treat with antibiotics? Or just keep an eye on it and do that if it gets worse?
With the shape the eye is in, I would QT and apply Maracyn
 
Hey all! Just looking for confirmation that my relatively new to the tank marine betta isn’t having some terrible illness that I need to address. I noticed that it’s left eye was cloudy a couple days ago and looked SLIGHTLY inflamed. It’s stayed pretty consistently shaped and today looking at it directly it’s only affecting the front 1/3 of the one eye. I’m wondering if she just bumped against a rock and scratched her eye or if there’s a chance that it’s something more serious? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Can you tell - is the fish still feeding well?
Are its fins clear of any rips or tears?
Is the other eye 100% normal?

If the answer is yes to those questions, then I’d leave it be for now and just watch it.

The only thing that worries me is that this species lives in caves - they are well adapted to NOT running into things.
 
Can you tell - is the fish still feeding well?
Are its fins clear of any rips or tears?
Is the other eye 100% normal?

If the answer is yes to those questions, then I’d leave it be for now and just watch it.

The only thing that worries me is that this species lives in caves - they are well adapted to NOT running into things.
Well it’s newly in the tank so maybe was just getting used to its surroundings. No damage to its fins and it still gobbles up krill or cut up scallops every other day when I feed it. Other eye is perfectly normal it’s literally just the front 1/3 of the left eye that looks different
 
Well it’s newly in the tank so maybe was just getting used to its surroundings. No damage to its fins and it still gobbles up krill or cut up scallops every other day when I feed it. Other eye is perfectly normal it’s literally just the front 1/3 of the left eye that looks different
Suggests injury
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new