Marine ICH outbreak

JaykS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. So I take it pouring into the DT didn't go well?
I didn't lose anyone so I'm happy about that, and I've been introducing corals and they are all happy (mostly acros, most people would be mad at me for doing so since my tank is like 2.5 months old. But every acro is encrusting, PE is great and haven't lost any. Added the first about a month ago)

OP
OP
Z

Zbutcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had Great success with Polyp Lab Medic in treating ich in a mixed reef tank with no effects and wiped out both ich and velvet in 3 days

1599273237722.png

Really? That's awesome! A person above said the same. I should look into this.

So I take it you dosed directly into the DT?

OP
OP
Z

Zbutcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't lose anyone so I'm happy about that, and I've been introducing corals and they are all happy (mostly acros, most people would be mad at me for doing so since my tank is like 2.5 months old. But every acro is encrusting, PE is great and haven't lost any. Added the first about a month ago)
Wow and that's with dosing into your display tank then?

Which medication did you dose into it?

JaykS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow and that's with dosing into your display tank then?

Which medication did you dose into it?
Im don't dose any medication im my tank, It is fallow right now, 1 month left. the only thing im doing is ammino acids because i read gonis like it, but other then that its just water changes cause I drop like 0.4 dkh in a week atm.

All the fish are in a 10 gallon qt. 2 clowns and a tang. A lot, but I managed to control ammonia

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Really? That's awesome! A person above said the same. I should look into this.

So I take it you dosed directly into the DT?
Directly to display. Honestly, for the first time my fish were in trouble. I introduced a powder blue and all hell broke loose but fish very clear and eating well now. I am still adding 1/3 of dosage daily as a piece of mind.

OP
OP
Z

Zbutcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Directly to display. Honestly, for the first time my fish were in trouble. I introduced a powder blue and all hell broke loose but fish very clear and eating well now. I am still adding 1/3 of dosage daily as a piece of mind.

That's great to hear. From what I can see it's.going to a pain for me to get my hands on some

JaykS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great to hear. From what I can see it's.going to a pain for me to get my hands on some
The copper link I sent you says with amazon prime, I can get it to my house by tomorrow. If you go that route dont dose into your DT do it all in a QT and go fallow for 76 days. Copper is also a lot more proven method to eradicate ich rather then manage. just my 2 cents

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
BRS, Marine Depot, Amazon and Polyp Lab store all carry it

JaykS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
go to the humblefish forum they have whole stickies on procedure... you will need to set up quarantine yanks do freshwater dips and TTM.... best resource around is humblefish https://humble.fish/community/index.php?threads/salvage-protocol-for-treating-very-sick-fish.465/
Only issue with TTM is you need to be extremely careful with equipment contaminating the next tank. It has a lot more failure points then just straight up using copper. I'd rather do copper then have like 2+ nets, pumps, filters, tanks ect to do it properly

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s takes a month but I’ve been able to get copper safe and prazipro on Amazon and eBay and thankfully has saved my fish.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 80 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back