Marine Master Users?

MDAquatics

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2023
Messages
830
Reaction score
2,618
Location
Lake Placid
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!
If anyone is using the Marine master could you give a little feedback? Im considering it. For my testing all I would need separate from it is Mag and Ammonia. It's very tempting because I am getting pretty sick of color charts and not having 7 or 8 hanna kits laying round would be nice. Im curious how people are liking it.
 
I was thinking that the base technology was probably taken from the Hanna Checker line (eggs). If so ... seems like a lot of people don't really care for the calcium or magnesium checkers, and I wonder if the same problems have been carried over to the Marine Master.
 
I have one and I love it!

Being colorblind, the color charts are very difficult for me. I am testing much more frequently with that box, and I think I finally have my alk dosing dialed in, for instance.

Things I like a lot:
Case - it doesn't say this, I don't think, but it comes with a very nice plastic briefcase that stores everything.
Memory - it stores a history of your recent readings on the device. Great for when you walk away and the box powers down.
Tutorial - I just leave tutorial mode on and it gives you step-by-step for every measurement.
Equipment - syringes, scissors, almost everything is included.

Things it's lacking:
A 10ml syringe - luckily I had one sitting around. For taking samples from the tank.
Bluetooth - the app is wonky and it doesn't sync the full history from the device - misses measurements in the history. No idea why. I don't mind, I have my own logging system anyway.
 
Oh, and I'm not sure how to interpret your Mg and Ammonia comment - it has both of those tests.
 
Oh, and I'm not sure how to interpret your Mg and Ammonia comment - it has both of those tests.
Gen 1 didnt come with mag and Ammonia. They released an updated firmware when the gen 2 came out to include those additional tests.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new