Marine Master Users?

MDAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!
If anyone is using the Marine master could you give a little feedback? Im considering it. For my testing all I would need separate from it is Mag and Ammonia. It's very tempting because I am getting pretty sick of color charts and not having 7 or 8 hanna kits laying round would be nice. Im curious how people are liking it.

Dave Clark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking that the base technology was probably taken from the Hanna Checker line (eggs). If so ... seems like a lot of people don't really care for the calcium or magnesium checkers, and I wonder if the same problems have been carried over to the Marine Master.

snowlerblader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one and I love it!

Being colorblind, the color charts are very difficult for me. I am testing much more frequently with that box, and I think I finally have my alk dosing dialed in, for instance.

Things I like a lot:
Case - it doesn't say this, I don't think, but it comes with a very nice plastic briefcase that stores everything.
Memory - it stores a history of your recent readings on the device. Great for when you walk away and the box powers down.
Tutorial - I just leave tutorial mode on and it gives you step-by-step for every measurement.
Equipment - syringes, scissors, almost everything is included.

Things it's lacking:
A 10ml syringe - luckily I had one sitting around. For taking samples from the tank.
Bluetooth - the app is wonky and it doesn't sync the full history from the device - misses measurements in the history. No idea why. I don't mind, I have my own logging system anyway.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back