• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Marinedepot.com return BEWARE

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

h2pvnus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. So i called marinedepot today to return the undersink adapter of the the RODI unit beacause it leaking at the tube and the push connect. The customer rep checked and told me to wait, 5 minutes later another guy get on the phone and told me that i cant just keep order and return item that would be an issue for them. I told them im some item im not even open or water test. I just dry fit because how can you know for sure that the item you buy will fit. I asked him what issue that you gonna get, he quiet then just keep mention that i cant return item that would be an "ISSUE" for them. He said he will do a good will return for me this time but if it happened again they will stop doing business with me. I mean in case we have to return we are the one that pay shipping not them. This is USA you have the right to return if the item are new and unopened. Bad experience with them today i guess i just go with different online retailer. I order stuff from BRS too and returm too never have problem like this. So yeah BEWARE of MARINEDEPOT.COM

Last edited by a moderator:

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. So i called marinedepot today to return the undersink adapter of the the RODI unit beacause it leaking at the tube and the push connect. The customer rep checked and told me to wait, 5 minutes later another guy get on the phone and told me that i cant just keep order and return item that would be an issue for them. I told them im some item im not even open or water test. I just dry fit because how can you know for sure that the item you buy will fit. I asked him what issue that you gonna get, he quiet then just keep mention that i cant return item that would be an "ISSUE" for them. He said he will do a good will return for me this time but if it happened again they will stop doing business with me. I mean in case we have to return we are the one that pay shipping not them. This is USA you have the right to return if the item are new and unopened. Bad experience with them today i guess i just go with different online retailer. I order stuff from BRS too and returm too never have problem like this. So yeah BEWARE of MARINEDEPOT.COM

Hi h2pvnus,

My name is Dan and I am the CSR Supervisor that spoke with you on the phone today.

You have made an excessive amount of returns within the past year, so we flagged your account so we could speak with you about it when you made your next return.

The issue is not the undersink adapter—in which I told you I will accept back since it will not fit—but the fact that you return more than half of your orders with us. This is what I wanted to bring to your attention.

We are more than happy to accept your return. However, we cannot continue to do business with you if you keep ordering from us just to return the products as it requires a lot of processing time from multiple departments here.

All we ask is that if you are unsure about a product, please ask us before you place your order. Our customer service staff are all very knowledgeable, experienced hobbyists that are here to answer your questions.

As for your remark about shipping, you are a local customer that has always used our Will Call option, so I am unsure what you mean by paying for shipping. If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to call and ask for me directly.

Thanks,

Dan
CSR Supervisor
1-800-566-3474

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

h2pvnus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi h2pvnus,

My name is Dan and I am the CSR Supervisor that spoke with you on the phone today.

You have made an excessive amount of returns within the past year, so we flagged your account so we could speak with you about it when you made your next return.

The issue is not the undersink adapter—in which I told you I will accept back since it will not fit—but the fact that you return more than half of your orders with us. This is what I wanted to bring to your attention.

We are more than happy to accept your return. However, we cannot continue to do business with you if you keep ordering from us just to return the products as it requires a lot of processing time from multiple departments here.

All we ask is that if you are unsure about a product, please ask us before you place your order. Our customer service staff are all very knowledgeable, experienced hobbyists that are here to answer your questions.

As for your remark about shipping, you are a local customer that has always used our Will Call option, so I am unsure what you mean by paying for shipping. If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to call and ask for me directly.

Thanks,

Dan
CSR Supervisor
1-800-566-3474
What do mean bring the attention. You think i bought then bring home open and change stuff in there. I always return in new and unused condition as state on your company policy some items i change my mind and not return at all. Plus your company policy does not state that i cant return or return more than than normal.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 87 75.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back