Marineland 200G DD return pump

  • Thread starter Thread starter bobyboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bobyboy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2013
Messages
817
Reaction score
195
Location
Nj
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if the eheim 1262 (900gph) is enough for a return pump.

The tank will have the sump below it with 2x MP40Wes as circulation.

The sump is a custom 48x20x18.

I'm debating between a single return or double return as each corner is drilled for a overflow and return line.
 
That pump should be enough for that size tank. I would suggest possibly looking into running a manifold to run any reactors or a uv if you plan to run one. A manifold reduces the number of pumps you need to run. You can have your single return pump run multiple things.
 
That pump should be enough for that size tank. I would suggest possibly looking into running a manifold to run any reactors or a uv if you plan to run one. A manifold reduces the number of pumps you need to run. You can have your single return pump run multiple things.


I'm currently planning for a 4 valve manifold using gate valves, 2 will be used immediately and I'll have 2 for spares.
Here is what I'm planning for the first 2
- Teco TR20 1/3hp chiller with built in UV sterilizer and 300W heater
- Deltec NFP509 Nitrate Filter

As for the returns/overflows i am debating between
- run 2 returns (1 in each corner)with 1 being 5.5' head above the pump and the second being a T joint(would a Y be better)into a 90* bend then up 5' with 2 returns draining into a Y pipe collector then feeding into the sump(or should I plumb them individually directly to the sump)

OR

- single return straight up from the sump with 2 overflows and a 3rd emergency drain
I will be starting a build thread within the week
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new