Marineland Overflow Leak

dbjonesjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! About two weeks ago I purchased a brand new Marineland 75G RR tank for my current build being put together. I finally got around to filling it about 2/3 of the way full (to not go over the top of the overflow). After filling it I started looking around the tank checking seams and low and behold the bottom seam of the overflow is leaking. Is this normal? The 125G RR I used for cichlids didn't do this so I certainly wasn't expecting this problem. I worry that since there isn't a water tight seal on the inside of the bulkhead to the drain pipe that my tank could potentially empty out into my sump and utility room where it would be held. Additionally, it leaked whether it was 2/3 full or there was only 1" of water in the tank. I sent my warranty card and a copy of my receipt in a couple days after purchase. Should I go to the LFS (which supposedly has a no return policy) I purchased the tank from or contact Marineland? Or is there nothing I can do? Thanks in advance for any and all advice anyone has for me.

OP
OP
dbjonesjr

dbjonesjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it's NOT normal and can be quite a big problem if unfixed. Why does your LFS have a no return policy? I would start there. Then contact Marineland.

I’m sure they’ve had problems with return policies being taken advantage of in the past or something like that. I’ll probably give Marineland a ring tomorrow morning and see what they say before going after the LFS. After all I pulled it off of a pallet of tanks they got in so it’s not like they ever actually touched the tank. Thanks for the advice.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back