Marketplace error message at checkout

Tradam Yaks

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2026
Messages
24
Reaction score
23
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the very end of the checkout process, after hitting checkout and a prompt popping up saying payment processing, I get taken back to the purchasing screen to see this message in the bottom in red: "We could not retrieve data from the specified Element. Please make sure the Element you are attempting to use is mounted and the ready event has been emitted." I see no pending payment or anything and the item I want gets listed as sold for about 5 minutes before returning to Marketplace.
I tried purchasing 2 different items several times with 2 different cards but kept getting the same message. I reached out to R2R via contact us page but while waiting for a reply I figured someone may know the answer here.



Screenshot_20260928_142420_Chrome.jpg
 
i had this happen and for some reason when i decided to abbreviate the state box it finally went through. i live in indiana and was typing out the whole state. i changed it to IN and it went through fine. weird
 
i had this happen and for some reason when i decided to abbreviate the state box it finally went through. i live in indiana and was typing out the whole state. i changed it to IN and it went through fine. weird
Well that did the trick! Not sure why but it did. Thank you very much for that workaround I appreciate it.
 
Well that did the trick! Not sure why but it did. Thank you very much for that workaround I appreciate it.
im assuming it has to do with the billing address on your card and how the new marketplace pushes that field over but you would think either way would match
@revhtree not sure if anyone else sees this but is it possible if so to make that field only be 2 characters or make it known it has to be the abbreviation?
 
im assuming it has to do with the billing address on your card and how the new marketplace pushes that field over but you would think either way would match
@revhtree not sure if anyone else sees this but is it possible if so to make that field only be 2 characters or make it known it has to be the abbreviation?
That was exactly it. My shipping info and billing are different. So when I saw my state under the shipping field being spelled out completely I did the same for billing. Once I abbreviated it was fine. Since it is an optional field under billing I wonder if leaving it blank would have worked too.
 
That was exactly it. My shipping info and billing are different. So when I saw my state under the shipping field being spelled out completely I did the same for billing. Once I abbreviated it was fine. Since it is an optional field under billing I wonder if leaving it blank would have worked too.
i want to say i tried leaving it blank and got the same error but i cannot recall exactly
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new