Marketplace rules?

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So unfortunately my dream tank plans fell through due to some unexpected issues. I am now looking to sell all my new/unused gear but I’m having trouble finding the market place rules. Can somebody please link me that and any new time seller tips on here. I have over sixty confirmed sales on a different platform but I know every forum has different rules

Gman83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So unfortunately my dream tank plans fell through due to some unexpected issues. I am now looking to sell all my new/unused gear but I’m having trouble finding the market place rules. Can somebody please link me that and any new time seller tips on here. I have over sixty confirmed sales on a different platform but I know every forum has different rules
Here you go.

Gman83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I haven't sold anything here, but I have purchased stuff from other members. I think it depends on what the equipment is, and how you price it. If you are expecting retail prices plus shipping costs; it probably won't sell quickly unless all the usual vendors are sold out of it. Anything you can ship moves quicker because then anyone can buy it as opposed to locals only. You can always try a price and if after a certain period of time it hasn't sold, you can lower your price. You see people posting updates all the time lowering prices until something sells. What all do you have?

OP
OP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also depends on the size the equipment is for, I just looked at your threads if it is for the 600 gallon it may take a little longer because not as many people have that large of tank
mp60s, versa pumps, syncra sdc 9.0, reefmat 1200, apex a3 pro with trident, and a few more things. I have to look again, I have way too much stuff that I never even opened

Gman83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That stuff sells pretty quick. I did a quick search, a used mp60 with 3d printed nem guard, and original box sold for $625 in 2 days. A used versa sold for $150 same day it was listed. Just search your items, you can get a feel for what things are going for and usually the seller posts that it was sold to get an idea of roughly how long it takes at that range.

OP
OP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stuff sells pretty quick. I did a quick search, a used mp60 with 3d printed nem guard, and original box sold for $625 in 2 days. A used versa sold for $150 same day it was listed. Just search your items, you can get a feel for what things are going for and usually the seller posts that it was sold to get an idea of roughly how long it takes at that range.
Everything I have is still new and sealed except for the versa pumps with base station and one kessil ap9x. I’ll need to do my price research when I have more time. Thanks for all your help

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back