Mark's Cade 900 S2

wickedxreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the tank coming along? I'm curious as to which skimmer you ended up going with? Also, did you got with a roller fleece mat? Do you happen to have any pictures of the equipment in the cabinet? thank you

OP
OP
Mark Hyman

Mark Hyman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the tank coming along? I'm curious as to which skimmer you ended up going with? Also, did you got with a roller fleece mat? Do you happen to have any pictures of the equipment in the cabinet? thank you
Hey there. I owe a bigger update but just saw your note. I went with the Tunze 9410 DC skimmer and it's working like a champ. I decided not to mess with a roller fleece yet and was using Reef Diapers rather than a filter sock, but I pulled them out and have been going sockless for a few weeks to make sure my pod population gets well-established. Most recently, added a kalk stirrer to the sump. I'll try to send some pix later today.

wickedxreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there. I owe a bigger update but just saw your note. I went with the Tunze 9410 DC skimmer and it's working like a champ. I decided not to mess with a roller fleece yet and was using Reef Diapers rather than a filter sock, but I pulled them out and have been going sockless for a few weeks to make sure my pod population gets well-established. Most recently, added a kalk stirrer to the sump. I'll try to send some pix later today.
I'd love to see the Kalk stirrer setup. I'm using all for reef right now and the alk is dropping pretty fast. I'm considering switching to kalkwasser. curious what kalkwasser you're going to us?

OP
OP
Mark Hyman

Mark Hyman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pix and the update will have to wait until tomorrow or Easter. The shop where I've bought my corals is changing hands this weekend and the current owner made me a deal. Just finished getting six new colonies in. :) That said, for kalk, I'm using some Mississippi lime that came with the stirrer from Avast, I have some Seachem as well, and when those are depleted, I plan to use BRS pharma grade, which is pretty cheap.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back