Maroon clown fish pairing?

Rmichael

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2022
Messages
13
Reaction score
5
Location
Bend
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to know if this was normal. I’ve had a bigger maroon in the tank and just put the smaller one in couple hours ago and they’re already paired? Is this correct? There was a little aggression at first but then smaller one did something like a seizure. Now best friends.
Thoughts on if they are or not?

BB9A0E4E-137E-4AE5-A039-E4D549EBB9DD.jpeg
 
Mine did that years ago. I added at night with lights off. Had large female and added small male and woke up to a pair.
 
Upvote 0
I read somewhere that the seizure thing is a sign of submission from the smaller one and acceptance from the larger. I think it also serves as a mating indicator.
 
Upvote 0
Good sign for sure. Keep a close eye on the small fish for any signs of aggression. Nipped fins and poor eating. Bad behavior happens when we're not around and maroons have a reputation.
 
Upvote 1
Just wanted to know if this was normal. I’ve had a bigger maroon in the tank and just put the smaller one in couple hours ago and they’re already paired? Is this correct? There was a little aggression at first but then smaller one did something like a seizure. Now best friends.
Thoughts on if they are or not?

BB9A0E4E-137E-4AE5-A039-E4D549EBB9DD.jpeg
Great sign, seems like they have paired instantly. I have done this 3 times in the past year, I’d love a maroon but refuse to grab one due to the aggression they tend to get.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new