Maroon clown pair

Keith Hill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone,

So last night I found out I'm going to be a dad. Very nervous and has t hit me yet. My lovely wife said I can but a small tank in the nursury. She loves clowns but doesn't want a tank that's huge. I am working on getting her to go with a 20g not a 10g. Anyways I showed her a bunch of different designer clowns and she likes the maroon. I am not familiar with them except that they are aggressive. I have a few questions, first off is a 20 gallon tank big enough for a pair of maroons? If it is can I add a goby or inverts (going to empty my 90 of hermits as they ate my beautiful star fish and kill my snails) but I was thinking a few sexy shrimp. If maroons are too but I'll be going with a different kind but she really likes them.

Thanks in advance

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations!

A 20 will be tight for a pr of maroons, a full grown female gets pretty big, and they can be pretty rough on the male. I would recommend a smaller clown. If it ends up being a perc/ocellaris, then you would also be able to add a goby.

OP
OP
Keith Hill

Keith Hill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations!

A 20 will be tight for a pr of maroons, a full grown female gets pretty big, and they can be pretty rough on the male. I would recommend a smaller clown. If it ends up being a perc/ocellaris, then you would also be able to add a goby.
Great thanks.... I will prob look at a frostbite then.

nate w

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maroons get highy agressive 20g might be a little tight and females get huge

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back