Maroon Clownfish's lower jaw RIPPED into two! HELP!!!

H4kimWibowo27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my name is Hakim, i'm from Indonesia, and i'm 12 years old. Ok friends, as the title suggests, yes, the lower jaw of my Maroon clownfish is RIPPED into two, if you can't picture it, here are some photos! I'm sorry if they are not really good, because i don't really know how to shoot good photos, so here they are!
IMG-20200925-WA0108.jpg
IMG-20200925-WA0109.jpg
Yes, i know, they are bad, which is why i made a sketch of the injury!
3f342149-2b85-4803-8cf0-c58841d8179a.png

For clarity, the white things dangling from the jaw is some exposed meat that came out of the tear, it's horrible.
Ok, time for flashbacks. I got this clown fish for about 3 days ago, it is about, like, 5cm long. My dad bought it for me and two other, smaller standard Clownfish because he said he wanted something else in my tank instead of just living rocks(corals) and shrimps, so there it was, the Maroon Clownfish arrived in a bag, during acclimation, i noticed it has a bit of flesh in his lower jaw, but didn't think much of it since it was small. Fast forward to today, his tear has grown quite a bit and it isn't eating. So now, i think it's becoming a big problem. Does anyone here know how to trat an injury like this? I don't want my Maroon Clownfish to die... :'C

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what the issue with the jaw is, but that Maroon is not compatible with the other clownfish and will kill them eventually if he survives this.

OP
OP
H4kimWibowo27

H4kimWibowo27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aaah... here! I got a better video!

OP
OP
H4kimWibowo27

H4kimWibowo27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm... yes, i am well aware of that, which is now in a quarantine tank. Because my dad previously had experience with freshwater fish which isn't too complicated, he sometimes buys me saltwater stuff which is kind, but failed to research it first, i was also quite surprised that he bought me a maroon, because in our community, the people who sells the just bought them from fishermen, and sells the by their local names and unable to provide sufficient information regarding the animal they're selling... :'C

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Now that you have the fish in an isolation tank, you should treat it with a broad spectrum, gram negative antibiotic. I don’t know what products are available to you in Jakarta though.
Jay

OP
OP
H4kimWibowo27

H4kimWibowo27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, friends! Thank you for all of your support! But unfortunately, the Maroon Clownfish just died this morning, and i'm guessing its because of stress/starvation. I'm very sorry for everyome who has hitched a ride on this thread...

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, friends! Thank you for all of your support! But unfortunately, the Maroon Clownfish just died this morning, and i'm guessing its because of stress/starvation. I'm very sorry for everyome who has hitched a ride on this thread...
No sorry’s needed, that’s why we’re here, but I am sorry you lost him. :(

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back