Mastertronic Essentials

  • Thread starter Thread starter ffiren
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I am very excited to see if this works. I currently run aquapi in home assistant, and I got the essentials last July. Unfortunately, my unit has stopped functioning so I've had to send it back to get a replacement. As mentioned, their app is abysmal, so being able to control and see results through HA would be incredible.
 
Sooo… my device won’t successfully complete a test. 🙄

That being said, whilst I wait for the manufacturer to provide guidance, I have decompiled their firmware and can make a HA integration that gives full control using their SQ3Lite DB.

You still need to gain ssh access to create a helper that will expose the important bits over their api.

For those interested, the useful stuff is in usr/mt and etc/systemd/system/mastertronic.service 👍


I’ve reverted mine to stock whilst I await their reply
Any progress on this?

I know a lot of people have had issues with the Matertronic Essentials, so wondering if they have fixed these problems?
 
Sooo… my device won’t successfully complete a test. 🙄

That being said, whilst I wait for the manufacturer to provide guidance, I have decompiled their firmware and can make a HA integration that gives full control using their SQ3Lite DB.

You still need to gain ssh access to create a helper that will expose the important bits over their api.

For those interested, the useful stuff is in usr/mt and etc/systemd/system/mastertronic.service 👍


I’ve reverted mine to stock whilst I await their reply
Any updates? I'm on my second essentials unit after my first just lost the ability to test after 3 months. So far no issues, but we'll see if that lasts.
 
That all sounds heaps difficult. Mine seems to be operating consistently now. I have had the odd test fail to start (but i think this was due to poor comms as i initiated the test remotely from the app). As far as results the nitrate and phosphate tests seem consistent with what i expect and there is minimal variation test to test - phosphate +/- 0.02/0.03ppm which is within range for me and nitrate +/- 5ppm at 20ppm reading levels again seems within expected range. The calcium seems to read high but it also is within 10% of my Hanna so i need to try my API test kit and see what it says.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new