Mating behavior or just clowns being clowns

Ramses0314

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2020
Messages
52
Reaction score
21
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
 
Man I hope my black and white becomes the dominant one. I dont think ill be so lucky.
How so? I personally bought a bigger black one so it would be the most dominant by default, that way “Nemo” stays male and ”Emo” I think applies for both females and males so lol
 
My black one is smaller than my regular but they are both very young so that doesn't mean anything really yet but I can already tell just by how the black acts its submissive. But your big black one looks really good. Mines a partial misbar the white streak only goes about halfway down him
20210124_160844.jpg
 
My black one is smaller than my regular but they are both very young so that doesn't mean anything really yet but I can already tell just by how the black acts its submissive. But your big black one looks really good. Mines a partial misbar the white streak only goes about halfway down him
20210124_160844.jpg
I see, you could try placing the orange with another clown if you have and leaving the black one on its own for a while so it grows and becomes female. Otherwise, you could try and target feed the black one more than the orange one to promote faster growth
 
Oh and to answer your post I think it looks like your smaller orange one being submissive.
yeah, Ik that part lol. I was just wondering if they were getting ready for eggs or something
 
I don’t know... I got them as they are from the store. The orange one was in a group and the black one was on its own.
It takes clowns a couple years after hatching to become sexually mature. If they were young when you got them it could be a minute.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new