OP
R

Ramses0314

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I hope my black and white becomes the dominant one. I dont think ill be so lucky.
How so? I personally bought a bigger black one so it would be the most dominant by default, that way “Nemo” stays male and ”Emo” I think applies for both females and males so lol

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My black one is smaller than my regular but they are both very young so that doesn't mean anything really yet but I can already tell just by how the black acts its submissive. But your big black one looks really good. Mines a partial misbar the white streak only goes about halfway down him
20210124_160844.jpg

OP
OP
R

Ramses0314

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My black one is smaller than my regular but they are both very young so that doesn't mean anything really yet but I can already tell just by how the black acts its submissive. But your big black one looks really good. Mines a partial misbar the white streak only goes about halfway down him
20210124_160844.jpg
I see, you could try placing the orange with another clown if you have and leaving the black one on its own for a while so it grows and becomes female. Otherwise, you could try and target feed the black one more than the orange one to promote faster growth

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know... I got them as they are from the store. The orange one was in a group and the black one was on its own.
It takes clowns a couple years after hatching to become sexually mature. If they were young when you got them it could be a minute.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back