Matrix

dvybiral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,
Has anyone used or have an opinion on Matrix made by Seachem? it is a biofiltration material and is a highly porous media in the form of marble size pieces. The application is that it can be placed in any kind of filter or filter area (sump, refuge etc.) with slow or medium flow and a filter bag is not necessary. It is supposed to remove nitrates, nitrites, and ammonia, and because of it being highly porous it will harbor and give a place of refuge for copepods to live and breed.
Thank you for your response

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,
Has anyone used or have an opinion on Matrix made by Seachem? it is a biofiltration material and is a highly porous media in the form of marble size pieces. The application is that it can be placed in any kind of filter or filter area (sump, refuge etc.) with slow or medium flow and a filter bag is not necessary. It is supposed to remove nitrates, nitrites, and ammonia, and because of it being highly porous it will harbor and give a place of refuge for copepods to live and breed.
Thank you for your response

It works ok by providing additional room for bacteria to colonize and will help the nitrification process. I’ve used it for a while especially in quarantine tanks.

Xandernfs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it with great success, almost too well. I've been struggling to get my nitrates UP! I usually hover around 1-2 (now). I have 2 mesh sleeves full of matrix in my RSR250. I would highly recommend it for extra bio filtration.

OP
OP
dvybiral

dvybiral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank for the reply's, I was thinking of using it in my refuge for the copepods to live and breed.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.8%
Back