OP
DiamondHands

DiamondHands

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s all. It’s definitely a hard week on the new tank. I had to remove my green carpet anemone. It’s a serious drag. I had one in a different tank before, and did not have this issue with fish killing. At the same time, I decided to re-scape, and I added auto-feeding. Every step I had issues ans am dealing with the results.

The worst is the auto-feeding. Food is going straight down the oveflow wier. So, I added a feeding ring solution “gourmet defroster” and ya, no. Food is getting stuck between top and bottom cups, never getting to the fish and disintegrating.

I changed too much at once. I am now just getting back to “normal” but am taking some losses. Ugh. Not a full tank crash, but definitely a significant stress event.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome33.gif

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy.
Quick intro. I started in reef keeping in about 2005, but took a big break after some serious setbacks involving a big hurricane and tank crash followed by some family changes.

I am back in the hobby running a 60 gallon cube. It is a bit small for my preferences and will probably be upgrading to a 180 soon.

The current system is a “mostly modern” system (Neptune, Kessil lighting, cone skimmer, etc...). I’m dosing 2-part for now, may end up doing balling hybrid.

I’ve been having some issues setting up automated feeding. I dumped half a bag of food into the tank trying to take the container out of the AFS over the tank, and have been dealing with the results of that accident this week. It’s been fun. Two water changes and lots of siphoning, but I may lose two SPS colonies due to a champ bloom that showed up. Boo.

anyway, tank is 4-months old (roughly). This is far from my first, not my most serious reef. It will be great, but we’re definitely having some growing pains.
Welcome!

whale GIF

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back