Matt from Alvin, TX

DiamondHands

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy.
Quick intro. I started in reef keeping in about 2005, but took a big break after some serious setbacks involving a big hurricane and tank crash followed by some family changes.

I am back in the hobby running a 60 gallon cube. It is a bit small for my preferences and will probably be upgrading to a 180 soon.

The current system is a “mostly modern” system (Neptune, Kessil lighting, cone skimmer, etc...). I’m dosing 2-part for now, may end up doing balling hybrid.

I’ve been having some issues setting up automated feeding. I dumped half a bag of food into the tank trying to take the container out of the AFS over the tank, and have been dealing with the results of that accident this week. It’s been fun. Two water changes and lots of siphoning, but I may lose two SPS colonies due to a champ bloom that showed up. Boo.

anyway, tank is 4-months old (roughly). This is far from my first, not my most serious reef. It will be great, but we’re definitely having some growing pains.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!
goofy movie hello GIF

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 50 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 58 55.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • None.

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.7%

Back