Matt v acros

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Golden basket and stumptown had their booths right next to each other at RAP Anaheim this year. Golden basket had a looney tunes frag and they pointed to Matt v at the next booth.
Ok so they had seperate booths next to each other, how many other vendors had booths next to each other?
And they pointed to stumptowns booth AND?????? Incomplete sentence.

SerpentSlick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t Matt start off working with golden basket and picking corals there? Golden basket had some crazy hot acros...

Matt Van Devender, aka MattV, did NOT work for Golden Basket or Rudy.

They're just long time friends and have their own companies, which both are based out of Portland Oregon.

MattV's company is Stumptown. It doesn't have any affirmation with Golden Basket. ...not sure where that came from, but not accurate.

SerpentSlick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t Matt start off working with golden basket and picking corals there? Golden basket had some crazy hot acros...

They're just long time friends and have their own companies, which both are based out of Portland Oregon.

MattV's company is Stumptown. It doesn't have any affirmation with Golden Basket. ...not sure where that came from, but not accurate.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I couldn’t remember if they were acquaintances or worked together at a point. So I asked the question, and you answered it. Concidering I was trying to remember something from over a decade ago friends/working together isn’t to far off. A lot of friends who have coral shops trade corals and share sources. How long has Matt had the stumptown company going?

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also wondering if GB has been offering a decent selection of acropora frags these days? I only see 7 on their site now. I used to love it when they were doing eBay but haven’t noticed anything there for years. But again I don’t check often.

tqui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_9497.JPG

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Golden basket is on fb and i see stuff shown on there, i believe its more of a message them and see whats available. Hell this past weekend they released about 5 new sps.
Matv has also released new sps in the past few months

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is a yellow green for now, but i have 0.12 phos, and high nitrates. Working on getting them down a bit, hopefully bring out more colors then.

Fercho

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man oh man, the exotic name/color hype.
They are pretty, but not $400+ pretty.
Not even $200-$300 pretty for a half an inch to an inch.

Thats the kind of money some people make working for a week!
I do have the money, but would not fall for the hype.
Some things really get out of hand and become ridiculous.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man oh man, the exotic name/color hype.
They are pretty, but not $400+ pretty.
Not even $200-$300 pretty for a half an inch to an inch.

Thats the kind of money some people make working for a week!
I do have the money, but would not fall for the hype.
Some things really get out of hand and become ridiculous.
For you

For some it’s enjoying the hobby another way And Matt v corals are worth it at least the one I have is along with the Homewrecker and Rrc garden of eden

One of my corals I’m one of 6 people who have it in the world to me that’s worth what I paid for it that I’m trusted with something like that another I know of only 3-4 that have it to me it’s worth it to you it’s not

It’s like saying I have a Honda and my Honda is the best and everyone who drives a mclaren or Ferrari anything but a Honda is just ridiculous

And no not all rainbow tenuis are the same so to say another rainbow tenuis isn’t the truth I have a decent amount and none are anything alike

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The Matt v looney tunes I've seen looks identical to the JF jolt. Not sure if they indeed are the same piece, but it's the reason why I had not purchased it.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think anyone called anyone crazy. Also I think we can all agree there are only a few different colored variants of tenuis available. Sure you can tell slight differences in them but it’s still the same few colors.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think anyone called anyone crazy. Also I think we can all agree there are only a few different colored variants of tenuis available. Sure you can tell slight differences in them but it’s still the same few colors.
In your tank And your eye maybe

But to me i see differences but I look at them for hours on end

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back