Matt V SOTCB

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a frag from my coral guy, he called it a Matt V SOTCB. I'm not finding much info with Google, can anyone tell me about it? Any pics?

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somewhere
Over
The
Corn
Bread
????

Hahaha. Never heard of that one, but I feel like the MattV pieces don't get a huge hyped up release like a lot of vendors do.

How does it look?

OP
OP
JCM

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't picked it up yet but here's a bad screenshot from the video he posted. I dont even know if it's a real name honestly, but the guy I got it from is good about being upfront if he makes the name up.

Screenshot_20210620-145752_Facebook.jpg

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It stands for Craps (only a different word that starts with an S and sounds like hits) on the Cherry Bomb. I have it. It's not very common. @Brad Bessett is the one who named it for Matt Van Devender. He can tell you the story if you ask him LOL. It's a Tenuis with Red/pink polyps and a blue body. I would ask the person that you got it from where they got it.

Here's a frag I sold a while back of it. It's a fairly slow grower for a Tenuis.
MattV SOTCB Frag.jpg

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's Brad's colony that he lost...

1624240808647.png

OP
OP
JCM

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It stands for Craps (only a different word that starts with an S and sounds like hits) on the Cherry Bomb. I have it. It's not very common. @Brad Bessett is the one who named it for Matt Van Devender. He can tell you the story if you ask him LOL. It's a Tenuis with Red/pink polyps and a blue body. I would ask the person that you got it from where they got it.

Here's a frag I sold a while back of it. It's a fairly slow grower for a Tenuis.
MattV SOTCB Frag.jpg

Fantastic info, thank you! I'll have to ask him where he got it.

Brad Bessett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hey!

This was a new unnamed piece Matt was growing out and he brought me a frag on a visit (or he shipped it, I can't remember). It was similar to the Cherry Bomb so I mounted a fresh frag of the Cherry Bomb next to Matt's new piece and let them go for a few months. They were off in a frag tank (at this time I was overflowing with SPS) and kind of forgot about the project.

Fast forward a few months, Matt and I were talking one night and he asked about that piece he sent... I walk over to the two frags (now grown out with several new branches each) and I said on the phone - "Dang! It's over here $**tting all over the Cherry Bomb!". Matt got a big chuckle about it and said that would be a hilarious name. Thus, SOTCB was born.

Cheers! I'm still looking for a frag back!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back