OP
OP
Whisnantrider

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Whisnantrider are you still using the stock ATO? Mine leaked so I bought an Apex ATK.

Yes I am, so far I haven't noticed any issues with it. I have been wanting to convert it to a refugium though. The only issue is having enough room for the ato container and other things. I'm sure I can figure it all out if I ever get the time to focus on it for a day .

clabern

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey - great looking tank!

I saw you mentioned you had moved the Gyre's to the sides (from the back), but the pics show them still on the back. Do you still run them on the back wall? (Or did you upgrade like you had mentioned as well?)

I've just setup a Reefer 250 and I have 2 Gyre XF330's. I mounted them on the back, purely for aesthetics. Problem I have is that I have softer corals on the left side of my tank and if I have that pump on any sort of positive flow mode they seem to get blasted and are very unhappy. Just wondering what settings you used and if you had this problem?

OP
OP
Whisnantrider

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey - great looking tank!

I saw you mentioned you had moved the Gyre's to the sides (from the back), but the pics show them still on the back. Do you still run them on the back wall? (Or did you upgrade like you had mentioned as well?)

I've just setup a Reefer 250 and I have 2 Gyre XF330's. I mounted them on the back, purely for aesthetics. Problem I have is that I have softer corals on the left side of my tank and if I have that pump on any sort of positive flow mode they seem to get blasted and are very unhappy. Just wondering what settings you used and if you had this problem?

I moved them to the back again because the 1k's didnt have quite enough push to the opposite end for my taste. I also switched out to the Jebao sow 8's but I'm not completely satisfied with them either.

Unfortunately, tragedy struck last Friday and a light mounted in my stand somehow ended up in my sump while I was at work which nuked the tank. I only have 2 fish and a hand full of corals that I think may pull through and I am strongly considering tearing down and starting over with a smaller all in one tank.... Still not sure what I'm gonna do.

clabern

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved them to the back again because the 1k's didnt have quite enough push to the opposite end for my taste. I also switched out to the Jebao sow 8's but I'm not completely satisfied with them either.

Unfortunately, tragedy struck last Friday and a light mounted in my stand somehow ended up in my sump while I was at work which nuked the tank. I only have 2 fish and a hand full of corals that I think may pull through and I am strongly considering tearing down and starting over with a smaller all in one tank.... Still not sure what I'm gonna do.

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that, hope what's left makes it through!

Thanks for the response on the placement though.

OP
OP
Whisnantrider

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, Luckily the there was no property damage.

I am looking at a partial trade locally for a 2 months old Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 30L (Do they really need a name that long for a glass box?). I also comes with the wood look APS Stand, 2 Prime HD's, mounts, IM Skimmer, IM reactor, and pumps.

I'm not sure exactly what i'm going to do just yet but I do think I want to get back to an AIO style tank.

OP
OP
Whisnantrider

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is all that remains on the 250... I I am housing the few survivors in this little tank until I can get the new tank up and running. I will be starting up my new build this weekend.

IMG_20190523_071706.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 57 80.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back