OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I can pretty much say for certain that I did not damage my acan. Thank the Lord. As a matter of fact, the polyp seems to be growing nicely. Take a look. :)

Can anyone tell or show me what it looks like when an acan lordosis starts to grow a new polyp?

1378591408737.jpg

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a better photo...even though it's got a frozen mysid stuck to it....
1378937450183.jpg

Had to pull an amphipod out of my powerhead's air intake this morning (I'm not using the tubing.) It was funny. I should have snapped a photo first. Only the tail was sticking out. He's fine, by the way. Took off into the rock the moment I let him go. XD

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After about four-six days of daily feeding with Goniopower (as opposed to the frozen rotifers and bloodworm/mysis juice I was feeding), my goniopora has undergone an interesting transformation. The polyps are lengthening to an obvious degree.

1379194897468.jpg

1379194916104.jpg

It still doesn't have its awesome original color back, but that's probably because it's under only blue and white LEDs. I'm thinking about using at least one T5 bulb as well when I move my corals to the 50g.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, one day here and the next day gone apparently applies perfectly to reef livestock. My skunk cleaner shrimp was found dead this morning with zero apparent warning. Two legs were missing so I'm suspecting my pair of clowns attacked him. :/ They may be beginning to "guard" a potential home/nest site.

Yesterday he was vibrant and chowing down as usual.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeling very tired....
Mom dumped a ton of food in the tank by accident while I was gone and apparently either didn't know enough or was too lazy to siphon it out. I have a sudden bubble algae explosion (most likely related,) the aiptasia ARE STILL HERE...and I have to be packed up to move by Friday. GYAAAAAH.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swear...I'm only gone for two nights and things go south.

I wish she had just left the tank alone.

Edit: But maybe that's not fair to her...she's just trying to help. :/

Last edited:

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 44 22.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back