Max Scherzer

KINGROWLAND1217

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any Washington Nationals fans on here? Am I the only one who sees the Scherzer deal as a franchise crippling deal? Were paying this dude $15 million a year until hes 44yr old. You know the last person to receive that much after he retired?Bobby Bonilla from the Mets, we all see how that worked out, I think they are still payin that dude. Hope we dont end up like them. If we win 1 World Series while hes here but SUCK the 12-13 years, is it worth it?

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mets didn't finish paying Bonilla....Dodgers did and it was probably in the top 3 of Dodgers dumbest moves. I think with the increase in injuries to pitchers, it's foolish to give such long term deals. How many actually make it to term without injury. I'm a huge Kershaw fan but I'd be surprised he plays out that contract without injury

Sfgiants55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's a horrible deal for the nats. They already had one of the best staffs in league and now it's overkill with 6 starting pitchers. They could have used that money for more hitting and bullpen help.

OP
OP
KINGROWLAND1217

KINGROWLAND1217

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad somebody agrees. It's not even really the money that bothers me, it's the fact we spent it on a 30yr old pitcher. If we have this kind of money why didn't we sign Cano, 2B is our biggest hole. We better resign Desmond too. I just don't get why we would trade Clippard to free up $4mil to give it to a Sp,which was our biggest strength. Our bullpen is lookin kind of weak at this point. I usually have faith in whatever Rizzo does, but I think he screwed us on this one.

bmoore92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy wasn't really on anyone's radar 4-5 years ago and now he's making 30 mil a year...crazy. I'm a huge Braves fan and I fell your pain. Interim gm hart has made some questionable decisions this off season but the most off putting is signing Nick markakis to that 4 yr deal when we are obviously rebuilding. He supposed to still be good when the rebuild is over? These NL east GMs can be pretty crazy but at least we don't have to worry about the whole team being traded like down in Miami.

Sfgiants55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy wasn't really on anyone's radar 4-5 years ago and now he's making 30 mil a year...crazy. I'm a huge Braves fan and I fell your pain. Interim gm hart has made some questionable decisions this off season but the most off putting is signing Nick markakis to that 4 yr deal when we are obviously rebuilding. He supposed to still be good when the rebuild is over? These NL east GMs can be pretty crazy but at least we don't have to worry about the whole team being traded like down in Miami.

I feel bad that you guys got bj and uggla whose combine batting average was probably lower than most decent hitters lol

bmoore92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bj was expected to hit low average but he was also expected to hit a few HR and steal some bases. Now we can't give him away so hopefully he'll turn it around this year. Uggla was good in Florida but never really put it together in ATL except for that one big hitting streak. Braves need to find a gm before hart finishes burying this team 6 feet under.

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Major tigers Fan here and Im not shedding a tear that he is gone.

Was he good Yes, but not good enough for that kind of money, he is at his peak. 3-4 years from now if he is pitching .500 ball he will be lucky

The days of 19-5 and 18-4 seasons are done. Just goes to show he was all about money and nothing else, he was offered a decent deal last year from Detroit and turned it down.

Does anyone really route for Washington ?

miggs76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in the DC area, but as a transplant I am not a nats fan (pirates here). With that being said, I gotta say, they already had good starting pitching. They could have saved that money to sign Zim. They should have used that $$ to shore up the bullpen and get a big bat. They didn't lose in the playoffs because of pitching---they lost because they couldn't hit.

bmoore92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in the DC area, but as a transplant I am not a nats fan (pirates here). With that being said, I gotta say, they already had good starting pitching. They could have saved that money to sign Zim. They should have used that $$ to shore up the bullpen and get a big bat. They didn't lose in the playoffs because of pitching---they lost because they couldn't hit.

I read somewhere that Strasburg wants out so maybe the scherzer signing was a sign of things to come.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 85.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.4%
Back