Maxi Doser noise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do all Maxi dosers have this noise? Not the motor, but the grinding noise that seems to happen (maybe once a rotation??)

I have just replaced the tubes with slighter shorter ones supplied by GHL.

I haven't logged a support ticket with GHL yet - just after other people's feedback at the moment.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do all Maxi dosers have this noise? Not the motor, but the grinding noise that seems to happen (maybe once a rotation??)

I have just replaced the tubes with slighter shorter ones supplied by GHL.

I haven't logged a support ticket with GHL yet - just after other people's feedback at the moment.
I can’t view your video to hear the sound. I’m using an Ipad. The videos loaded to the r2r site won’t play. If you want to load it to Youtube then link it. It will work.
But.. If it’s what I think it is, Your running at high speed (3)
try running at a slow speed And see if it goes away (0 or 1). If the noise goes away run at the slower speed for a week. Then increase it. I found the tubing basiclly needs to get broken in.

Mine made awful noises. We changed the head on one to fix it. Then I changed tubing on another to fix it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t view your video to hear the sound. I’m using an Ipad. The videos loaded to the r2r site won’t play. If you want to load it to Youtube then link it. It will work.
But.. If it’s what I think it is, Your running at high speed (3)
try running at a slow speed And see if it goes away (0 or 1). If the noise goes away run at the slower speed for a week. Then increase it. I found the tubing basiclly needs to get broken in.

Mine made awful noises. We changed the head on one to fix it. Then I changed tubing on another to fix it.
It's actually running at speed 1. I recently replaced one of the hoses with the slightly shorter ones supplied by GHL and replaced the other head.

So the hoses are new and not broken in.

LadyTang2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's actually running at speed 1. I recently replaced one of the hoses with the slightly shorter ones supplied by GHL and replaced the other head.

So the hoses are new and not broken in.
Were you able to fix the sound issue? What was it?

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet @LadyTang2 - I have a case opened with GHL. Unfortunetly they have decided to take a break at the moment so it might be a little bit before we continue troubleshooting.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 59 29.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 71 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.3%
Back