Maxima Clam looks Beat

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2017
Messages
1,587
Reaction score
818
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had this clam for 3 months. Looked great at first and actually is still growing. Different parts of the mantle though look a bit frilly and don't extend as far as other sections. It's been like this for a month so don't think it's pinched mantle. I thought maybe it was getting picked on by a crab or something. Should I move it elsewhere?

15629634977314569913975992443334.jpg
 
I would move it. It appears to be getting shaded in that spot and will continue to be shaded more as the corals above grow out. As far as what is picking on it, whatever it is it will find it even if you move it. I would recommend finding out who is picking at it and removing the offender.
 
I am going to have to cut it off the rock it's attached to. I don't think anything is picking on it directly. Have other clams in there without issue. My theory is that my crabs are using the clam to get from the base rock up a level. It's kind of in a high traffic area. Just never dealt with a clam looking like this before.

20190712_173438.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new